Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Schedule your meals.

Tip Number 2
Schedule Your Meals

I am usually pretty good at this one, however this summer it has been pretty hard even for  me.
So what exactly do I mean by scheduling your meals? Plan each meal here is a normal day for me:
  • 5:30 am Protein Shake (at that hour I really can't think of any thing else) 
  • 8:45am  Almonds and or/ fruit (again something quick in the car) 
  • 12pm Lunch Salad with grilled chicken, tuna sandwich, or turkey 
  • 3pm  A bar Lara is my favorite I need something sweet normally 
  • 6pm Dinner  Lean protein, veggies, and depends on the carb if I add it or not
  • 8pm snack if I really need it but try not to 
Planning when I will eat helps me prepare which we all know is key! Some days are harder then others.Once your body gets use to it you won't think about the time; your body will tell you! Feeling hungry is important, it means your metabolism is working. At the Duke Center many people who went to them stopped listening to their hunger cues long ago and instead ate because they were upset, bored, or just wanted something. It seem most of our society has lost the ability to recognize their hunger cues. Until people become cognizant of that again, they need to eat on a schedule- small meals every 3-4 hours, which ties into yesterdays tip of EAT MORE.


Those who are most successful at losing weight and keeping it off tend to eat five to six small meals a day or about every three to four hours, according to the Duke Center and I agree completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog