Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm sorry I didn't hear you.

Last night at bed time my girls asked if I could stay a few minutes and talk before they went to sleep. Of course I was happy to stay and listen to the days events with them. I sat down as MacKenzie started to talk about all the fun they had at Grandma's house, but I wasn't listen at all. All I could think was I am STARVING! Now it's 10pm and normally I would be in be so I was thinking am I normally this hungry but don't notice because I am sleeping? Then I hear "Mommy are you listening to me?" I feel guilty I did not listen to a word they said. I could only think about FOOD. I gave kisses and headed for the stairs. As I walked into the kitchen I opened the cabinet and thought "what am I doing I know better". Then I went to the refrigerator, same thing. I sat down on the sofa and wondered what is going on?
I realized my whole schedule was off! On vacation I was staying up later, getting up later which throw off not only my sleeping schedule off but my eating schedule. Getting up later means eating breakfast later, snacks later and everything. When we came home things did not get better, I was up early again but not eating since I was not hungry. Again I know better! I was eating dinner when Michael came home at 8pm, so going to bed at 11pm I was not hungry. Then on Tuesday morning I woke up around 6:30am and just eat breakfast before I left the house out of habit. Thank God good habits are hard to break too! Since Tuesday night the girls and I were eating dinner at 5:30, so last night the hungry I felt was my metabolism working again! It only took 2 days, not bad.
I did not eat anything, I drank some water and went to bed.
When I woke at this morning I was hungry! Now that my eating is back on schedule I have to work on the sleeping!

Keeping to schedules is good for weight loss, feeding your body more often with less of a portion is key. Think of your body as a car without fuel it does not go! Smaller portion more often keeps your body fueled and running smoothly. When you are not STARVING you make better choices!

Sleeping is also very important to weight loss, your body needs 7-9 hours of sleep a day (at once). A good way to know how much sleep your body needs is to go to bed when you are tired and don't use an alarm and let yourself wake up on your own. That is how much sleep you need.


Here a quick workout to do at home if you have 20 minutes!

Warm-up with some stretching
BW squats  40
Forward lunge right 40
Forward lunge left 40
Push-ups 15-30
Plank 1 min
rest 1 minute
Repeat 3times

P.S. I don't recommend not using an alarm  when you have to get up and go to boot camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog