Saturday, July 9, 2011

4 Elements in 2 recipes

Hi everyone,
I know everyone has a busy schedule these days and it's hard to find time in your day to cook a good healthy meal. I have some good tips to share with you to help you be more prepared. Also 2 recipes that have 4 Elements! So let's stay on track and still enjoy life!
My life is busy but the same as it was 6 years ago, when worked full-time, the girls were younger and I was trying to loss weight! For me now it is a little easier however I still use the same plan of attack to keep myself on track!

BEING PREPARED IS KEY!

When you are hungry to need to have good thing at your fingers tip. I don't know about you but when I am hungry I eat anything I can get my hands on! That is why be prepared works, if you good food in the house you eat food. If you have bad food you eat bad food. Right? So to make sure that I have good on hand I have to be prepared.

Sunday was and still is my day to look ahead and figure out when I have time to cook and what. I would go grocery shopping and plan our meals for the week. Usually 3 dinners to make on Sunday and chili. Turkey chili was a staple I would eat it for a snack or lunch depending on the portion, of course. I also knew when I would be eating breakfast on the run ( the days I workout before work) so I knew a shake would be it on the other days I had to to make breakfast. 2 other staples for the week were greek yogurt with berries and hard boiled eggs.
Now life is a little different in our house, as I said I still use Sunday as my day to look ahead but I have more time to cook most days. Other thing that has made life a little easier is Cristin! For those of you who don't know our boot camper Cristin, she is the owner and chef of Be My Guest Personal Chef Service. So now I look ahead to see when I cook or take it out of the freezer. That's right a full homemade meal in about 20 minutes. Tonight is Mango Chicken, I can't wait!
Honestly cooking is a chore for me unless I am in mood. I like things simple,easy,quick, and healthy.
I have some recipes like that so I want to share them with you so today I have 2, and in 2 weeks I will post 2 more, I would love it shared your recipes with us too!
Enjoy
Hope you enjoy them!!

Parmesan Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe




Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 26 mins
Total Time: 33 mins 
Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup(s) bread crumbs, Italian-style
  • 1/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan, grated
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
  • 2 clove(s) garlic, pressed
  • 2 tablespoon oil, olive
  • 24 ounce(s) chicken breast halves, 4 (6-oz) skinless, boneless breasts
  • cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup(s) spaghetti sauce, fire-roasted tomato-and-garlic pasta sauce, warmed

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat a large baking sheet in oven for 5 minutes.
3. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish.
4. Place garlic and oil in a small glass bowl, and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until warm and fragrant.
5. Dip chicken in garlic oil; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Coat preheated baking sheet with cooking spray, and place chicken on pan. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done and golden. Serve with pasta sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons pasta sauce)

 Calories per serving 295, serves 4 carbs 7g, protein 41.5grams


Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo Recipe





Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
Total Time: 32 mins 
Ingredients
  • 8 ounce(s) orzo (rosamarina), preferably whole-wheat
  • 1 cup(s) water
  • 1/2 cup(s) tomato(es), sun-dried, (not oil-packed), chopped, divided
  • 1 medium tomato(es), plum, diced
  • 1 clove(s) garlic, peeled
  • 3 teaspoon marjoram, fresh, chopped, divided
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
  • 1 2/3 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin, divided
  • 4 piece(s) chicken, breast, boneless, skinless, (1-1 1/4 pounds)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
  • 9 ounce(s) artichoke hearts, frozen, thawed
  • 1/2 cup(s) cheese, Romano, finely shredded, divided

Preparation

1. Cook orzo in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.


2. Meanwhile, place 1 cup water, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomato, garlic, 2 teaspoons marjoram, vinegar and 2 teaspoons oil in a blender. Blend until just a few chunks remain.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning, until golden outside and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Pour the tomato sauce into the pan and bring to a boil. Measure out 1/2 cup sauce to a small bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with the orzo, artichoke hearts and 6 tablespoons cheese. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
5. Slice the chicken. Top each portion of pasta with sliced chicken, 2 tablespoons of the reserved tomato sauce and a sprinkling of the remaining cheese and marjoram. 
A little high in calories 457 per serving- carbs54g protein 36g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog