Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Most of you will think I am talking about back to school, although that is part of it for me it's not all of it. The other part of it is PUMPKIN! Most of you know how I love pumpkin, anything pumpkin: coffee, muffins, fudge(yes they had it in OC),ice cream, pie and on and on the list goes.......
I try my hard to stay away from it but it is so hard to resist! Right now it is even harder for me since I am trying to "drop a few pounds" (my pants are a little tight). The last few months have been a little to unstructured for me so I have to reel myself back in before it gets out of control!
I subscribe to a great blog snack girl and she post this "Pumpkin Pie Smoothie" so I thought great way to get a pumpkin fix! So I made it, I loved it, no surprise there! Here is the recipe if you want to try it.




Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
(makes 2 servings or 3 cups)
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 banana
maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar (to taste)
lots of ice cubes
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy! Pour leftovers into drink container for later consumption.
For one serving with lowfat yogurt and no syrup added = 142 calories, 1.4 g fat, 28.6 g carbohydrates, 15.7 g sugar, 5.5 g protein, 5.3 g fiber, 50 mg sodium, 4 PointsPlus



I should have taking a picture!

Then I saw this one and I thought great this has more protien in it so I need to try it.

2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
1 scoop Arbonne Fiber Boost
6 ice cubes
4 oz water
4 oz almond milk
1/2 - 3/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree (found at the grocery store)
2 dash cinnamon
2 dash of pumpkin pie spice
1 dash ground ginger
1 dash nutmeg
1 small dash ground cloves
adjust the spices to taste
adjust the water to almond ratio to taste...
sprinkle cinnamon on top and serve



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog